Sunday 5 June 2011

I have a file that even in dos mode will not delete, I do not want it any more how do I delete it?

I downloaded a tool that became one of those nightmarish bunch of crap, do nothing you want it to, pieces of crap and I deleted the install file and the directory all but this one last file, it will not let me, I even changed the name , permissions, and then went to ms dos and tried del command, and that did not work either surely I got supreme control somehow on what I will have and will not have on my computer, ok is there a deletion tool out there to help or someone got any other suggestions|||Try the free unlocker. I have never had it fail me.


http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/





Once installed, right-click the file and choose unlocker. It will either show what is locking the file and give you the option to unlock (and then you can delete) or if there is no lock it will give you option to delete.|||what you%26#039;re looking for is called a shredding tool. there is one that comes free with mcafee suite. This goes through and deletes any file you want and makes several passes over the hard drive so resurrection after deletion isn%26#039;t possible.|||You can%26#039;t remove it because you deleted the install and uninstall command. You didn%26#039;t uninstall this program, you tried to delete it. The ONLY way you can get this off is to reinstall the program, then remove it correctly by UNINSTALLING IT. Then you can go back and remove any leftover pieces.|||When you say %26quot;delete%26quot; you mean you just went you the folder and press %26quot;delete%26quot; button? You suppose to un-install the software properly when you install it using the windows installation wizard and not just deleting the file. Files are connected to registry and when it%26#039;s in use, there%26#039;s no way you can delete it. The best thing to do is to re-install the software tool then reboot your PC and then un-install the software using the %26quot;Add/Remove Programs%26quot; in %26quot;Control%26quot; Panel%26quot;.|||Try booting into dos in safe mode and running the


attrib filname -s -h -r


command, then delete.