Sunday 5 June 2011

XP install w/out cd problems?

My CD-ROM is awful, so I%26#039;ve been trying to reinstall xp without using it, as it often flat out refuses to recognize discs, next to misreading data and being generally unreliable. After researching some, I%26#039;ve made a 2GB FAT32 partition on a smaller harddrive I have. I then copied the I386 folder over into that partition, as well as smartdrv.exe. I booted into DOS using an old WIN98 floppy, and ran smartdrv, and then navigated into the I386 folder and ran winnt, as per what my research found. It extracts/copies everything fine, and then tells me to reboot and take the floppy out. This is where my problem is.





I reboot, taking the floppy out, and then get an error telling me the boot failed. Something along the lines of %26quot;previous boot option failed, change the boot settings in BIOS, or press another key to try again etc etc etc%26quot; This happens on every single try. So I change the bios settings to boot first from the harddrive, then the floppy: same error. I try choosing the boot from harddrive option from the floppy, it fails. The files have been extracted as far as I%26#039;m aware, as I checked the harddrive%26#039;s directory from the boot, and it has several new folders.





So, how do I continue on with my xp installation? Do I need to somehow copy more files to make the harddrive bootable? Do I just need to run another program in the harddrive from DOS? I%26#039;ve looked and looked, and haven%26#039;t found anything useful for this part. What I%26#039;ve read suggests what I%26#039;m doing is possible, I just don%26#039;t know where I%26#039;m going wrong.





And please don%26#039;t tell me to get a new CDROM, that%26#039;s not what the question is about.|||Hi,Charles F.





There are 3 step to repair xp install error





If you got xp install error then there is a 94% chance that your computer has registry problems. I think your computer is already very dangerous, and you should fix it immediately. There are many ways to fix xp install error, according to my experience, I think the following method is very good, you can go and try it. I hope it can help you:





* Step 1 - Download a xp install error repair tool,install this error repair tool.


* Step 2 - Click the Repair All Button.It will scan you pc for Free.


* Step 3 - Then click the Repair All Button again and your done! Enjoy it.





Here are the url of xp install error repair tool:http://www.RepairErrorDiy.com/ttfix-xp_i鈥?/a>