Sunday 5 June 2011

Need some help with a DOS program GW Basic??

Okay, I%26#039;ll try to be as clear as possible.





I am working from a strictly DOS machine at work to do the company billing.





I export a file from QuickBooks place it on a 3.5 floppy and load it onto my DOS machine by using this command:





copy a:pb0507.csv \qbxfer





I then am suppose to change directories





cd \bprog





then





gwbasic





this loads the program I do my billing with.





I enter the imported file name PB0507.csv





I get path not found respons





Okay so it%26#039;s not finding the file in the QBXFER directory I%26#039;m guessing.





I did c:\dir and I see QBXFER but it doesn%26#039;t have it as a %26lt;DIR%26gt; like some others are listed.





When I try to run a dir on QBXFER all it says is %26quot;1 file%26quot; and how many bytes it has.





So my question is I want to get this file into QBXFER because the GW Basic program is looking in QBXFER for the file.





Too confusing??? Any Help???





Thanks!|||%26quot;copy a:pb0507.csv \qbxfer%26quot;


If on your screen was the prompt %26quot;c:\%26gt;%26quot;


you just managed to rename the file on your floppy into qbxfer in the root directory of C:





suggestion:


first


del c:\qbxfer


md c:\qbxfer


Now that is done you never do this again.





cd c:\qbxfer (and if your prompt was a:\%26gt; type c: )


Now type


copy a:pb0507.csv


cd \bprog


gwbasic|||Add the directories containing the file to the PATH statement in Confgsys or Autoexec.bat